Mother's Day Photos


For Mother's Day our church offers professional photography for families. I was really excited about this, but knew to keep my expectations in check. Or at least that was my intention. I planned out our coordinating outfits, I rushed to get us all ready and semi-decent before church (Sundays are always a little chaotic in our home).

And still there's no amount of coordinating that can make your kids do what you want them to do during picture time. Sweet Edith just didn't want to cooperate. Israel wanted to walk away.



I have to be honest though. I have felt a little bitterness in my heart when I saw everyone else's pictures posted, and they all had happy smiling children for their pictures. I mean, that backdrop was gorgeous. The wind was blowing just right. Some of these pictures are straight up catalogue-worthy. Why couldn't WE have that perfect shot? My sinful heart wants this perfectly captured moment to showcase how beautiful and well-behaved my kids should be! Ha!




I think this will be my favorite picture from this little session, because it so accurately describes the beautiful chaos of this season:


Cheers to all you other Mothers who didn't get the mother's day picture you wanted. :)

And a huge thanks to Brian and Emily Mueller, of Landshaw Photography, for taking AMAZING photos that day and offering their talent to our church!

Comments

  1. That is a really neat idea for the church to do that! But I can totally relate to not getting the results you want. I've felt a little jealous b/c I can't share the pictures I want on facebook b/c of foster care rules. I think that last one is pretty funny and I'm glad your sister was able to get some good shots of all of you when she visited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!