The Generous Adoption Community

***This is a post that was a "draft" that got buried in my blog list! It's a little late in posting but it is still very true!***

I just want to say a quick word of thank you to my fellow adoptive families. I can say without a doubt that we have found the most generous, encouraging, and prayer-lifting community through other adoptive families. I cannot imagine my life without this community of families that has impacted us so deeply.

I could list so many examples (and trust me I want to name names but I'm sure they wouldn't want to have that attention), but there have been several families who are in the middle of their own adoptions or have just completed adoptions, and they have given to us generously, from smaller amounts to hundreds of dollars for our adoption. These are families who are scraping pennies and saving diligently yet they hold every penny with a loose grip, willing to give it to us or others when there is a need. All because we share a same passion... bringing orphans into families, making them sons and daughters. This is so humbling and encouraging.

I am so thankful for a community of friends who have given to us, being a physical representation to us of the provision of God for our needs; prayed for us because they knew exactly what we were going through; and supported us with education, advice and a listening ear!

*Not to say that other families have not been beyond generous to us! I'm just wanting to point out that it has been so humbling to receive such generosity from other adoptive families. 

Comments

  1. Amen! Some of the greatest people we've ever met, have come in the last few months since we began our journey. Such a loving, caring, and supportive community :) Best wishes guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not agree more. The friendships that have formed through our adoption have been one of the most treasured and unexpected gifts of this journey. So many selfless people who just give and give and give!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!