Shout Out: Meet the Huffs!

Meet Brittni and Daniel Huff: they are adopting from Ethiopia, their blog is www.huffadoptionjourney.blogspot.com and their facebook page is www.facebook.com/huffadoptionjourney

"We are Daniel and Brittni Huff. We live in Oklahoma! We met in a Christian ministry on the Oklahoma State campus, and instantly knew "this was it!" We have been married for 4 years now, and are now ready to start our family with our first child. We did not know what was in our future when we said our I Do's.... Little did we know that God had big plans for us to adopt from Ethiopia. And we do not believe this will be our last adoption either :) This all began with a simple prayer of, "God what do you want me to do with my life to honor you???" Our pastor had been preaching about having a purpose, and wanted us to search out what the answer to that question was. As I (Brittni) began praying this prayer, God slowly began to remind me of something I have always known... my love for missions. I have had a heart for missions since I was in high school. One morning I woke up at 5am (I enjoy sleep so this is not normal), and began to read my bible and pray about my life and future. God began to show me verses and take me to notes I had written in my bible regarding missions, then God showed me a new verse Acts 7:3 "Leave your country and your people," God said "and go to the land that I will show you." At the time I felt we better begin to pack our bags, we're going to be missionaries somewhere. I then talked to Daniel and shared my heart with him, and he too had been feeling the same. We knew missions was our heart, so we began to pray "where? when?" and we got... NOTHING. lol Not long after we began to talk about adoption, and just couldnt get it out of our minds. The more we talked and looked online, the more we were filled with excitement and a heart for the orphan. As we began to pray about this decision, we realized the verse God took me to wasn't telling us we're moving. It was telling us we were GOING but we were also coming back, with a child! Being missionaries wasn't the direction he was leading us in, international adoption was.... We prayed that God would give us direction as to which country we were to adopt from, and he led us to Ethiopia. And we could not be more excited about this! The more and more we learned about Ethiopia we now know why God led us there, the devastating totals of orphans and poverty in the country just grip my heart. I want more than anything for our adoption to be an eye opener to those around us to see that there are so many more children out there that need us to stand in the gap for them, and fight for them...We are in the process of adopting a boy under the age of 1. We just submitted our Dossier to our agency on June 27th. Our DTE is July 6th, and our agency has told us that our Dossier should be authenticated and in Ethiopia today to be exact!(sorry I know this is long, just hard to be really brief about how God led us there)



We are currently doing a Thirty One Fundraiser, all proceeds (25%) will go towards our adoption costs! The fundraiser is open until July 30th. To purchase from our fundraiser you may go to our online shopping link: http://www.mythirtyone.com/shop/catalog.aspx?eventId=E1998296&from=DIRECTLINK "


So check out the Huff Family blog here, and their Thirty-One party here!

Comments