Shout Out: Meet Les & Prudence!

I posted a while back that some local friends of ours were considering the adoption process. I'm here now to shout with JOY that they have applied to the Ukraine program to adopt a few older children! WOO HOO!

It is my understanding that the Ukraine process will take 12-18 months and they will go to Ukraine when their paperwork is ready and spend 4-8 weeks in country. They will be matched with their children while in country and return with them! So when they leave they will be a family of 2, and return with a new family dynamic! I don't even know how I would prepare my house or heart for that, but these guys are rock stars and I know they are already getting to work to be ready!

So let me tell you about these friends. Les and Prudence are probably the nicest, most servant-hearted people I know. Prudence has been such an incredible support for me since coming home with Israel; she often leaves little treats on our porch (even though she lives 15 minutes away) and has come to spend time with me at night so I can have a friend time because she knows that is rare these days! They are active members of our church and are always serving in various positions and are willing to do anything to help.

She and Les decided around February that they wanted to begin the adoption process, so they began brainstorming ideas to start making money for their adoption. Les began a landscaping company here in Alabama, and Prudence learned to sew and started an Etsy shop! They both have full time jobs- so these efforts are IN ADDITION to those jobs; they are using all of their weekends and nights to work hard to bring home some kiddos! I told you: servant-hearted and hard working!

So I'm asking for you to rejoice with this precious family as they start their journey to their kiddos. Adoption costs a lot of money up-front and you can't apply for grants until your homestudy is completed. By the time your homestudy is completed you have already fronted several thousand dollars! So, will you head over to their blog, check out Prudence's shop, and donate $10-$20 to their paypal on their blog? Every little bit adds up, and I'm sure your gift, no matter what the size, will be a blessing to them! They are just beginning the adoption process and their adoption support community is still very small- I'm sure having a blessing from new friends/strangers will make their day! And most importantly, cover this family in prayer as they begin a life-changing process!

Thanks for sharing in their joy!

Once again... SHOP HERE, follow their BLOG HERE and DONATE on their blog (paypal). Feel free to share this post! Spread the love, people!

Here are a few pictures of her products:





Comments

  1. Very cool! These are really neat projects! I love reading your blog and keeping up with Israel's progress. My husband and I also were just approved to adopt from Bulgaria. This is an exciting time, but what you said is SO true. The fact that you can't apply for grants until after the home study is tough. There are a lot of up-front costs. Best wishes to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your adoption Shelly!! When we started our process we were deciding between Bulgaria and Ethiopia- so that program is close to our hearts! Can't wait to hear how it goes for yall!

      Delete
  2. Rebekah, this is so awesome! I love the fact that you use your blog and the many followers to continue to support adoption. Heading over to her etsy shop now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
    GET FREE ACCESS NOW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!