Surviving Long Days

I am really thankful for this season of being a stay at home mom. But some days can be really, really long! I don't know what we would do without our daily walks. Typically, after Edith wakes up from her morning nap we will load up and do a few laps around the neighborhood. Depending on if our neighbors are around to chat, we will walk for 45 minutes to an hour. I love this break in the day, and  the kids love looking around. Israel also gets a walk in the afternoon with his daddy every day.

 The other day Edith kept taking her socks off (she hates having things on her feet!) and throwing them out of the stroller. Israel thought it was hilarious. About every other house, she would throw them off. Then she would stick her feet up for me to put the sock back on her foot to play the game again, and would fuss if I didn't comply.



 These kids cracked me up - they wanted to play hide and seek with the blanket. I'm glad that the cooler weather has given them entertainment!




Little moments like this help me stay sane. It gives me time to just get out of the house and break up the monotony. I can get a little exercise, we all have some fresh air. It makes a big impact on our day! What helps you pass the day?


Comments