Palm Sunday



Palm Sunday this year was sooo lovely. Alternate caption: Your Best Life Now Sunday. Ha, just kidding! But it was filled with really good things for my little people. The weather was FINALLY wonderful and we didn't need jackets!!

Sunday at church Israel's class made palm leaves and sang a Hosanna song to all of the other kids classes. He LOVED being in a little parade!

 

Annie wore an old Edith outfit that I loved. She and daddy are Face Twins.

 

Edith's day was made because she had her first ever FACE PAINTING! Our team was practicing for our upcoming Easter Eggstravaganza in the park next weekend. She was a blue "Katerina Kitty Cat" (Daniel Tiger reference). She thought she looked AWESOME.

 
 

We didn't even really put the kids down for rest time like I normally do after church. We rested for about an hour and then decided to take advantage of the beautiful day. We headed to Prospect Park to the Drummer's Circle. This is one of our family's favorite spots because there's so many cultures represented and Israel LOVES music.

 

Will and Edith danced over and over again and it made me love him a little bit more with each twirl.

 

Israel wanted to get as close as possible to the drums, and a few people even let him have a turn. They were all really sweet with him.

 
 




Not sure if you can see below, but a guy was waving an Ethiopia flag (the country where Israel was born).



Edith made a friend with a little girl at the park. I loved making random friends as a kid. I think that is the sweetest part of childhood. You and another kid around the same age just playing together because you both like to play. I remember my parents saying I always made friends wherever we went, and I love seeing that in Edith.

  
 

Little Annie was just sweet as can be on our outing. 
 
 

Love my people and my city. Brooklyn, spring looks good on you. 


Drummers circle prospect park April 2017 from Rebekah McGee on Vimeo.

Comments