Christmas Vacation: Hendersonville

We had a great trip to the South for our Christmas holiday! We flew out of Charlotte and drove to Hendersonville, where my parents live. 






The kids loved being spoiled by their Nana and Papa, and we had a great time!







One of the best parts of this trip was that my sister Sarah had her baby! I was able to spend some time with her before she had her c-section, and then we came back the next day to meet baby Evelyn! This was so much fun and such perfect timing.






My dad and I took the kids to the park. We actually got in a car accident right after this (a lady ran a red light and hit our rental car) which was really, really scary for me, but we are all okay and my dad was such a calm and comforting person during this!




Will and I went on a double date with Justin and Sarah Alexander to the Grove Park Inn to look at the gingerbread houses!




Edith was obsessed with the manger scene and saying "night night baby Jesus." It was adorable.






We went to get ice cream and Edith ate her bowl and Israel's because he was more interested in looking at the train set in the window. 





We went to Papa's church for church supper and prayer meeting. It was so nice seeing people from that church. My dad was a pastor at FBC Hendersonville for 9 years when I was a child and then my family moved to Alabama for 13 years. My dad returned last fall to FBCH and it is neat to see the people who helped raise ME doing childcare for my babies and giving us hugs in the fellowship hall!


The kids really liked Papa's chair.

We also went to a play place next to my grandmother's assisted living facility. It was so special getting to visit with her.





The trip to Hendersonville was from Monday afternoon - Friday morning and we packed a lot in those few days! Mom and I also watched the first half of several Christmas movies (I couldn't stay up late enough to finish!) and we drank lots of coffee. The kids loved being with Nana and Papa and we were very spoiled by them with their gifts and generosity to us! Love you mom and dad!

Comments

  1. Using Car Rental 8 you can find the cheapest rental cars from over 50000 locations globally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!