Official September Numbers!

Well it is official folks- we are #2 for a boy, and #9 for a girl!



We know that the #1 boy family wants an "older child" (older than 12 months) so we are actually #1 for an infant boy!


BUT as we all know- we cannot get a referral until our social worker sends our home study report to AGCI. I know that she is working on it so we are hoping it is finished ASAP!

One consistent theme with this adoption process is a realization that everything is out of our control. All I can do is pray. So much of adoption is relying on other people to do their jobs: be it get the paperwork done, submit things in a timely fashion, care for our baby across the world.... there are a lot of people involved in the process of us becoming parents, and the things that we can check off the list are pretty minimal.

Lately several people have done their best to reassure me of God's sovereignty, saying that if we DO get skipped over then that is just a means of the Lord's timing to get us the right baby. And we KNOW this but sometimes it is really frustrating too- to think that it is "our turn" and we will be skipped over. My selfishness is so gross, and I am so sorry if you have tried to encourage me and I've not been a gracious receiver. I'm a work in progress, people, and I promise that I appreciate your encouragement!

Earlier this week I was reading in Psalm 33 and Psalm 34- and felt very much like the Lord was just meeting me where I was. I needed a reminder that HE IS the one in control and that His hand is not only over us, but over our child in Ethiopia.

"For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." (Ps 33: 4-5)

"From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth- he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do." (Ps 33:13-14)

"I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears." (Ps 34: 4)

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing." (Ps 34: 8-10).

Join me in claiming these verses!
Love, Rebekah

Comments

  1. So excited for you, Rebekah!!! Praying your social worker gets your home study done very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! You are so close!!! It is crazy how the Lord will go out of His way to make sure that you end up with the baby that is so specifically yours. I have seen this over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!