Can Somebody Give Me a Baby?

This week I have not been so patient. I am easily brought to tears over the ache of my empty arms and the empty crib upstairs. I have reorganized our nursery several times, and stared at my phone too many times.

Tuesday I convinced myself it was the perfect day for a referral.

And we didn't get one.

I don't know why I let myself think that way- but I just kept thinking how perfect it would be to have a referral now.

Next week I'll be making a quick trip to NC to babysit our niece, who lives where we moved from. I would love to share our referral news in person with the people who supported us so well through this adoption journey. Because of this, I have been aching for a referral before I go. Will and I are also going to be apart for 5 days, and I don't want our referral to happen during this time! So I have been praying for "perfect" timing of our referral (as in, YESTERDAY, Lord!).

I find myself begging God to bless us with a baby. Why not yet, Lord? When is it our turn?

I know, I know, I know.

I must continue to trust the Lord. To believe him that HE is faithful and He loves us and is working on our behalf for His glory.


Psalm 27:7- 8, 13-14
Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud;
   be gracious to me and answer me!
You have said, "Seek my face."My heart says to you,
   "Your face, LORD, do I seek."

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living!
  Wait for the LORD;
   be strong, and let your heart take courage;
   wait for the LORD!

Comments

  1. Waiting can't be fun when your this close! So sorry you have to go thru these trying times. I have no words of wisdom really but just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you guys and praying for comfort and peace of mind during this waiting. We know God's timing is perfect, and He is waiting on the right child for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your post! I feel the exact same way! A lot of my close friends have found out that they are pregnant within the last couple weeks and it has been really hard for me. Our baby room has been ready for over a year now, in fact I just got done cleaning all the dust off everything the other day. It is really sad really but that is all I have right now. Waitlist numbers and an empty nursery. I have hope though, and our time will come and when it does we will forget all the struggles when we see our baby's sweet face! Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. The waiting is so hard... Especially when you are so close. I know it is hard, but know that the timing will be perfect when it does happen. With both our referrals, they were the perfect surprise at the perfect time. And our daughters? They were the perfect ones for our family. The waiting means your little one is still making his journey to you. It will happen (SOON), and it will be one of the most beautiful moments of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that your referral comes soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!