Two Trips to Opelika

In April, Israel and I went down to Opelika, AL to visit my family and spent a few days there without Will. We went to celebrate my birthday with my siblings (my brother and I share a birthday two years apart) and parents. My grandparents even drove through for the night, which was a rare treat. Israel had a blast playing with his cousins!


For my birthday, my sister and I went and got pedicures, which was probably the most entertaining pedicure experience I have ever had. We laughed so much and it was just the afternoon out to make a birthday memorable.
 My sister, who is a great photographer in the Marion/ Asheville, NC area, took these snapshots of Israel and me:



Later in April, Will and I took Israel to Auburn to celebrate the A-Day game and to roll the Toomer's Trees one last time. It was a bittersweet day for Auburn fans (we're both Auburn graduates) and I'm thankful that we got to experience the day with our son, who had NO idea what was going on.

Will and I also had a date-night out to his fraternity alumni banquet, and enjoyed dinner with his younger brother who is a current brother in the fraternity! 


It is really nice being so close to family right now and being able to squeeze in two trips to my parent's house in one month! I'm so thankful for my family.

Comments