Injured

A week ago, my husband was playing softball with some of our college students (he's a college pastor) and took a fall in a hole in the outfield, spraining his ankle. It wasn't the first time I've received a call saying "Don't freak out, but I'm headed to the ER" since being married to him. :)

Israel and I loaded up and headed to the ER and saw my husband with a baseball-sized ankle and we spent the rest of the day (5.5 hours!) at the ER. After an x-ray, we were relieved that it isn't broken, but we have to wait to see an orthopedic doctor to find out what type of sprain Will has.

And this is where I say that I am SO grateful to several people who made that afternoon in the ER, and the rest of the week, so much easier for us! One friend picked up my son from the ER, fed him, and put him to bed for us! Other friends brought us a meal the next day! A friend mowed our lawn for us!

It is not easy to receive help, but sometimes you just have to be humbled and thankful for God's provision and for the generosity and community of others. I will say, this week has been HARD. I am so thankful that I have been given the opportunity to serve my husband as he has been unable to walk or drive; but the lack of help with Israel and the constant pouring out has been really exhausting. This week has shown me the importance of humbling myself and seeing that we NEED community, and that we really do have a community that supports us here in Jacksonville.

Will goes to the doctor on May 7 (next week!) and in the meantime, we are headed to the beach this week for a long-planned trip for respite. Your prayers are appreciated for Will's recovery, and for our trip to be more relaxing than stressful :).


Comments