Easter 2013

This Easter was very special because it was the first Easter that our son was with us. There were several years where we ached (especially last year) for our family to be complete.


Israel had a bit of a cold so he stayed in the service with me... which meant it was a bit distracting. Will preached a great sermon and I was thankful to celebrate Easter with our church. Afterwards, our friends from small group came over and we had a fun lunch together. I felt like I was channeling my mother, using cloth napkins and decorating my table for the holiday.

That afternoon we didn't do much- took a family walk, spent some time on the porch playing, and just enjoyed a Sabbath together.

For those of you who wonder if Israel is always good with his glasses.

It can be really easy to overlook the true Easter for all of the things that the holiday can become. It is so healthy to remember that the reason for any of us to have hope is because Jesus died on the cross for our sins and then rose again, conquering death. We are so thankful that we don't have to fear anything in life and we don't have to fear death, because Christ has overcome it all.

Christ is Risen Indeed!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!