Bullet Point Catch-Up

I'm a bit behind on blogging- there's a lot of posts in my head but not on my computer, arg! So here are some updates; because the reality is there is not enough time to give everything a proper post. :)

  • New Blog Design! If you're reading this on a google reader type of thing, please come over to my actual blog and see the AMAZING new design by my bff Leigh! She has a new blog design business and she is crazy talented (and inexpensive! and it supports adoptions!). So check out her blog design site here
  •  Rooted in Love! My home party was so fun! Laura is such a precious friend and I'm so excited about her new ministry. It was fun having an afternoon with my girl friends, sharing some yummy sweets and checking out the amazing products.
    Rooted in Love Party with Laura
  •  Stuff People Say to Transracial Families. Please check out this HILARIOUS video. I laughed because I have heard SO many of these things. 
  • New Game. So, my MIL gave us an inflatable Bozo, and I'm afraid to admit that Israel has not been the one enjoying it. Will and I have made a game out of it by hiding it and trying o scare each other. Favorite spots: in the shower, closet, waiting for you when you get out of the shower, in the car when you look in the rear view mirror, etc. It never gets old. 
  • Our friends are adopting! Our close friends (and coworker of Will) just announced that they are adopting from Ethiopia! We are SO thrilled to have another adoptive family in our community. They have a super cute blog you should check out. They are really saving their pennies so they can apply by Christmas. If you feel led, please consider supporting them so they can begin their process!   
  • Great Wedding Weekend! Our friends from college were married recently. We had a wonderful time at the wedding and I even got to take a mini-trip into Auburn to introduce Israel to his future stomping grounds ;). I think he loved it.  


  •  We ran a 5k! Remember this post? Well, I'm glad to say that I finished the "couch to five k" program and ran a race! During normal runs, I pushed Israel in a Bob jogging stroller. On the day of the race, Will pushed him and it was amazing the difference! I ran under my goal time and didn't get passed ONCE! Woo hoo!
  • First Football Game! We took Israel to the JSU college football game. Israel met the mascot, Cocky, and Israel loved the band! He was so happy the whole time!



  • Physical therapy update: We just cut back a little on our physical therapy, and we only have a few weeks left at the office that we go to (we will still have in-home PT twice per month). We've seen a lot of improvements! We've also had a lot of doctor visits yesterday, which is no fun for anyone.  We've also received a few more tools to use at home, so we stay busy trying to keep up with everything we need to do.
Thanks for reading! Life is busy, and God is faithful!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the race! And those pants on Israel are just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by pants, I mean the green ones, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 5K! Fun post... and LOVE the new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a Gamecock! Go South Carolina.(even though I know thats not who its for) lol :D

    Congrats on your 5K. Sounds like you have been busy and having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!