Things we are working on...

Let me begin this post by saying I am NOT wishing away Israel's baby stage. We missed out on almost 7 months of his babyness and we are certainly soaking in every moment of footie pajamas, snuggles, and infancy that we can.

But Israel is almost (gasp) 12 months. Ugh. One year old, is it possible? I love it and hate it. Love celebrating milestones and hate that time goes so fast!

Here are a few things we are working on to make Israel a bit more independent and ready for toddlerhood:

1. Solid foods. This is fun! Love trying out new things he can eat, especially with the impending arrival of his new front teeth!

2. Self feeding. Including holding his bottle and picking up any foods. Bring on the mess.

3. Sleeping habits. Lord help us. If you've been reading the blog for a while you may remember that Israel hasn't ever been a good sleeper. I'm done with waking 4-5 times a night! Well, done when Israel says I am. Ha. We are trying a new, gentle sleep training program and I'm praying/pleading/begging for it to work. I am a different woman without sleep. I need it. Israel needs it.

4. Other motor skill milestones. We are continuing physical therapy 2-3 times per week. We are seeing small progress and hoping for more!

We love being Israel's parents and we are excited and thankful that we get to teach and care for him!

Comments

  1. Hang in there, Mama. The early months are tough for everyone. These are truly the days of grace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!