Official November Numbers

We got the email that we were again #2 boy, #8 girl.

Despite this bummer of an update, we're not completely bummed because we know our time IS coming. We know there are new babies (some of them are reportedly "very tiny"!) at the transition home that our baby will come from.

One reason for this slowdown and lack of movement is that there have been several unique situations in the past few months in which a family has lost their referral, thus putting them back on the waitlist in front of us. This is why we have been #2, then #1 (unofficially), then #2 again several times. This happened to our friends, the Forrests, after they had been on the waitlist at #1 for 8 weeks- they got bumped to #2 and she later told me that she was so thankful for that family in front of them who got back on the list- because that meant that she was matched with her Judah. If they hadn't been on the list, she would have gotten their boy, and little Judah is perfect for her family.

So although the timing is frustrating, and the slowness is really, really, really hard some days... I know that the timing will be absolutely perfect and we're going to be matched with the child God has in mind for me & Will.

This Thanksgiving we aren't celebrating the news of a specific child that we know by name and face, but we are celebrating that God has brought us through--- and is continuing to bring us through, one of the toughest and most refining journeys of our life so far. The last few months have been hard, and God is still shaping and molding us to be the stewards of the gospel that He created us for... and we know that we will be better missionaries, parents, spouses, etc because we learned that God is faithful in the easy times and the hard times. I have to reevaluate daily: does my heart ache more for a phone call or for the gospel to be made known to the people I am in contact with each day? Do I long to hear from God more than from my case manager? Can I glorify God even when I don't see what He's doing?

I'll end this with a few quotes from one of my new favorite books, Overcoming Fear, Worry and Anxiety by Elyse Fitzpatrick: 

"Rather than spending my days pursuing my own desires and worrying about my future, I need to be actively focusing my energies on God's kingdom and His righteousness." (p115)

"When God permits difficulties in our lives, it isn't because He hates us or is unable to stop bad things from happening. It's because He's interested in building our faith, changing our character, bringing us more joy, and freeing us from our fears." (p133)

"He's working to free you from your worries- not by giving you freedom from trouble, but by arranging circumstances so that as you go through them you'll experience the truth that He is everything He says He is." (p136)


Happy Thanksgiving! We have much to be thankful for.

Comments

  1. "I have to reevaluate daily: does my heart ache more for a phone call or for the gospel to be made known to the people I am in contact with each day? Do I long to hear from God more than from my case manager? Can I glorify God even when I don't see what He's doing?"

    So good. Such truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quotes that you posted at the bottom today. I need to find that book, for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah! You are incredible. Your head is in the most amazing place. I know its got to be tough, but you amaze me. I love the quotes at the end too. Well written, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I really think those are the last "official numbers" you will ever post!!! Cannot wait to hear about the sweet baby that God has chosen for your family!!! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!