October Official Numbers

I've been a bit lazy in posting these numbers because I'm really not that concerned with the numbers anymore! After waiting at #1 for an infant boy for 5-6 weeks, we found out last week that a family who had lost their referral got back on the list, so we're now at #2 again. Even with that, I'm not too concerned because I'm finally getting to the point of not freaking out each morning that our referral may happen. I know it will happen sometime! I'd rather not be staring at my phone when it does, you know?

Anyways, for our official numbers we are #8 Girl and #2 Boy. So in total we moved 76 spots for girls, and 49 spots for boys! That's a lot of movement in the 16 months we have been on the waitlist!

In other numbers, we've been in the process now for just about 1 year and 8 months (20 months). That's a lot of months! I am positive that when we started the process that March of 2010, we never would have DREAMED of waiting 20 months for a referral. But, the Lord's timing is good and we will one day see how our child fits perfectly in our family because of God's exact timing.

Thank you, friends, for walking beside us in this journey! Your support is seriously invaluable. Thank you for not getting tired of this waiting game, and continuing to stay interested in our journey and make me feel like an expectant mother. I'll tell you, if I ever get pregnant, that 9 month wait will seem like a split second compared to this!  Thank you for praying with us and for us and for keeping my heart in check by reminding me of the gospel when I get off focus. This has been a truly refining process! I've said it before that adoption has been a form of sanctification for me- giving over my idols of becoming a mom and having control. The beautiful thing is that at the end of this sanctification process, I get to be a mom too. The Lord is so good and generous.

Comments

  1. Praying for you and love what the Lord is doing in your heart as you wait! It's one of my biggest joys to walk this crazy train journey with you and I can't wait to celebrate Baby M when you finally see his (or her) face. You are seeking Him first and that shines above the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!