Edith- The Hospital

To read about Edith's birth story and our first day at the hospital, click here.

The second day of our hospital experience (Wednesday), we woke up and were greeted by our friend Cindy, who owns a local coffee shop, when she delivered us hot, fresh coffee (mine was decaf and SO delicious!). Java Jolt coffee is the best in town, and it was a treat to have it right as we got ready for the day. Dr. Young, who delivered Edith, came by to visit us.

We were really, really tired but I took a shower and tried to look presentable because we knew people would be coming by that day. I bought some new pajamas for the hospital and I was glad that I did- it was so nice to have something fresh to wear!

Our moms brought Israel by after his morning nap around 10 am. He immediately reached for me, but when he saw that I was holding a baby under the blanket in my lap, he was really mad. He made his feelings known that he already wasn't a fan of his sister! We took a few pictures, and his apathetic face pretty much explains his mood.

Will's mom headed home after lunch. It is so nice that our moms get along so well!

We had a stream of visitors during the early afternoon. It was nice to show off our girl, but I was really tired and a little out of it because of pain meds!

We were switched from our labor/delivery room to a regular (but huge!) room in another part of the hospital in the afternoon. We had a fantastic nurse all day that day! She checked on us often and made sure we were comfortable.

That night, our small group came by to meet Edith. In the last year, we went from Israel being the only baby to having 4 kids in our group! It was fun sharing the details with our friends.

Will went home to tuck Israel in and to give him a bath. We knew Israel needed some time with Will because he was all out of his routine. Will headed home and my mom came to stay with me for an hour, so she could get some Edith snuggles and keep me company.

Thursday was a very quiet day, my mom was the only visitor (Israel was in school), and we rested a lot. We ended up being discharged around 5:00 and we were ready to be home. I was definitely enjoying the quiet of the hospital, but we knew our son needed us.

Our first night at home was as good as we could have hoped. Edith is a great sleeper and had to be woken to eat every few hours! We were still really tired, and Will had to go to work Friday morning. All in all, it was a good experience and we had a great first few days with Edith.


  1. Love reading all these details!!!!!

  2. Thank you for taking time to post all these wonderful details and pictures. Congrats on that beautiful baby girl, Edith Joy!


Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!