Official June Numbers!

This month we got our June numbers, and there wasn't much progress.

For a girl:
(Moved NO spots)


For a boy:
(Moved two spots)

Honestly, the numbers are not really affecting me that much {today} because I 100% trust that the Lord is going to match us with the child that is meant for our family... so if we are 14, 25, 6, or 103 then God has us "in line" for the right one- and I KNOW that God is working in my heart during this process. He has shaped me so much in this last year of waiting, and I know that He isn't done molding me and transforming me into His likeness. I am privileged that He has chosen this adoption journey as a tool to break me of my desires for control or "perfect timing"- so many lessons I have learned about trusting God's faithfulness have occurred through this process. It is unbelievable that at the end of this, we will get to be parents! What a gift, I can't wait!

Thanks for following our adoption journey and for your encouragement. It means so much to me when people stop and ask how the process is going, or that people see that I'm "expecting" and are walking beside us in this. Little things like asking about a nursery or baby names (we're not telling) or about Ethiopia's culture. It means so, so much to have your support and I know this process has been much more enjoyable because of you (you = real people I know + internet buds + invisible readers). THANK YOU!

And if you are interested in prayer requests, one that has been heavy on my heart these days is the thought that we could get a referral soon... which means that our baby is BORN and in the process of becoming an orphan. I could write a whole blog post on this (and might) but it is so hard to imagine what the birth family is going through right now, and the thought that our baby is about to be in the most vulnerable situation ever. So please join with us in praying for the birth family and for our little one- for a healthy delivery, for safety and protection, for the Lord's peace and comfort, and for God's wisdom and sovereignty in the situation. Thank you, thank you, thank you- it would bless me so much to know others are joining with us in praying these things.

Comments

  1. Hi, I found your blog when searching for adoption fundraising ideas. I wanted to thank you for the encouragement you have been to me (even though we've never met). since finding your blog we have decided and to use you agency for our Ethiopian adoption! The lord has definitely used your blog to direct our path. I just wanted to say thank you and I am praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been praying really hard all morning for movement...but most of all God's will! Love your precious perspective! Will be praying for ya'll and your child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for blogging your experience through adoption. I spent majority of my evening last night reading your past posts trying to catch up on y'alls story. Your faith in God's provision and sovereignty speaks volumes. Christ reigns! Can't wait to see more work done in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!