Edie's First day of UPK


Edith's first day of UPK was today and we didn't really do any lead-up this time after our night-before Big Girl Camp led to a giant meltdown (she thought she could go RIGHT NOW). So a few minutes before time to go, I put Edith's clothes on and asked her if she was ready to go to Big Girl School, and YES she was ready!

Today was just an orientation, and she loved playing in the class. There's going to be 18 students in the class with 2 teachers. It's a play-based program at St. Anselm's Catholic School, which is only a 7 block walk for us.

I'm really excited for her, and the last few weeks have been very tough for me at home with all three kids. I'm ready for a break, ready for a new season. YET it is hard because my little baby girl is now big and she will forever be in school! How is this possible? How is my sidekick going to not be with me for our daily walks to the grocery store or park? Did I serve her well and make the most of our time at home together!? I can't believe it is already over! (And I realize she's four and I'm being overly dramatic, but goodness!) It makes me want to soak in time with Annie.

Anyways, back to Edith. She's going to do great. I'm a little worried and nervous, but I know that this is good for her. It will be good to let her fly, launch our sweet and spunky little arrow into the world. She's a good one and I hope that she is a delight and sunshine in her class this year.







She was so proud to carry her folder home!






So proud of this little spunk!

Comments