Grad School: Two Semesters Down, One to Go!

I am so incredibly thankful that this semester is DONE!!! Just one week after giving birth to Edith I started my fall semester, taking five grad school classes (15 hours) and it has been a tough fall! There were many days that I really didn't know how I was going to accomplish the tasks needed, and there were times that I almost didn't complete assignments because I was so exhausted and writing a paper was the last thing I wanted to do. But, perseverance paid off.... and I'm nine classes in, with all As!

I have two classes and an internship left to go, and I will graduate with my MSW in the summer. I am interning at a local foster care agency, and so excited about the opportunity to work there for a few months on a part-time basis. Honestly, I'm very nervous about balancing classwork/ internship/ sending both kids to daycare/ and the financial aspect of all of it. I'm so, so thankful for a supportive husband who believes in me and is willing to make all of the sacrifices (not just financial!) that go into my graduate education.

So for now, I'll enjoy my last "Christmas break" until I start classes/ internship in January. I'm super proud of myself but also so thankful for the grace that the Lord gave me to make it through this semester.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!