Edith: Four Months Old

Edith,

Today you are four months old! You are becoming quite the ham, kiddo! You love to giggle and smile and you LOVE your brother! Your daddy can make you laugh the easiest, and you will laugh at yourself in the mirror all day!



You are wearing size 2 diapers now and you are moving into 6 month clothes. You have some edible fat rolls and I'm loving your squishy legs and arms. You have the sweetest dimples and your whole face changes when you smile or when you are mad. You still have a "witching hour" at night, and we're trying to figure out how to get you to bed easier! You do great napping during the day, but sometimes it is a fight to get you to bed at night. You are still nursing 2-3 times in the middle of the night, so you're still in our room in the pack and play.


You are starting to really enjoy toys, so I'm excited about some of the things you are getting for Christmas in a few weeks. You talk to your toys on your playmat and bouncer seat. You are starting to figure out how to swat at toys and even will clutch the giraffe toy on your carseat. You still hate the carseat, but you were a trooper on our trips to North Carolina and Scottsboro for Thanksgiving considering the amount of time we were in the car!


I'm amazed at how fast you are growing up! You rolled over from tummy to back on Thanksgiving, and have done it a few times since then. You don't like tummy time (or really being set down) but we are working on it! You really move your legs when you are on your tummy.


You're starting to act interested in food during mealtime, but I'm emotionally not ready for you to eat babyfood! You just need to be a baby for a bit longer, ok?! You still nurse ALL DAY LONG. I don't really know what your "schedule" is because we just go with the flow (typically our day is around shuttling Israel to where he needs to go) but you nurse at least every 2 hours. Sometimes you take cat naps in the car on the way to Anniston and sometimes you take 3 hour naps at home. You are very flexible, and I appreciate it.

I'm so thankful for you, sweet Edith! This time last year we found out that you were on the way. We had no idea that such a precious blessing would be in our home. We love you so much!

Love,
Mama

Comments

  1. She is utterly beautiful! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebekah!

    I have loved reading your honest and vulnerable posts about motherhood! Edith is honestly one of the most beautiful baby girls I have ever laid eyes on. She is very photogenic :)

    I wanted to share some food for thought with you. When I first researched starting solid foods, I came across this article (http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/delay-solids/) on kellymom.com. It was really eye opening and led the way to more research and us choosing to not start solid foods until 6 months with our first and 8 months with our second. Since there are few babies who are exclusively breastfed, peds are not well educated on the AAP (and many other organizations) guideline that all babies be exclusively breastfed (no cereal, juice or any other foods) for the first 6 months of life (not the first 4-6 months). The article does a fantastic job of discussing the science behind why their gut is not prepared for solid food until at least 6 months. After you read it, consider googling baby led weaning (what most people do in the UK in regards to solids). It was crazy enlightening how that some parents never use baby food at all, they just go straight to small pieces of cooked veggies and so on. I discovered this by chance after our second had a severe gag reflex with baby food, and sure enough he took right to picking up the little pieces of food (8 months). I love learning new things and both of these were news to me. My husband and I were shocked at all the youtube videos regarding baby led weaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks emily! I emailed you ;)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I sent you a facebook message with my new e-mail :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!