Shout Out: The Sexton Family

Meet the Sexton Family!




"Cory and I have been married 8 years, and we have two handsome fellas, Chase (8) and Ryland (4). I have always wanted to adopt, but at first Cory was not into the idea. We talked about it on and off for several years, and about two years ago, I started thinking about it again. It seemed like everywhere I went, there it was. There were commercials, and billboards, and adoption stories, and just everywhere I went, there was something about adoption there.
I had been hearing a lot about the Summit church, and it was literally right down the road from our house, so one week I got it in my head, and I told Cory, "We have to go visit it, and it needs to be this weekend." Well, guess what, the sermon was on adoption. I started praying about it because I knew that if it was the right thing for us to do, which I felt in my heart that it was, that God was going to have to convince Cory, because I sure couldn't. After church he said we would talk about it. We did talk, for several weeks. I remember the night he told me that he knew in his heart it was what God was calling us to do. I cried, I was so happy! We started the process about a year and a half ago, and we've been on the waiting list since October 2012. We are doing domestic adoption, and the agency that we're using is primarily for newborns. I can't wait to get our precious baby, and I thank God for his plan for us!"


My main fundraiser is my Etsy store:
We are also doing pieces of the puzzle, which is on my blog ( sextonadoption.blogspot.com ) and also Just Love Coffee https://justlovecoffee.com/about/beneficiary/sextonadoption/

Comments