Waiting for a Court Date

This week my husband and I took 30 college students to the Passion Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Among many things discussed was the injustice of slavery that is rampant in the world right now (27 million slaves - the highest # of slaves in history). As we were learning about the different trafficking and slave issues, both of us were just aching at the thought that orphans are highly susceptible to trafficking and slavery. Who will fight for them? Who will search for them and bring them home?

So we listened and prayed, and we are ACHING for news to bring our son home. Heart-wrenching aching, I tell you. I hear news of other December referral families getting court dates for January, and my thoughts go from hopeful to jealous.

It is so frustrating, because if I were to classify this last year (well let's even go back farther to the beginning of our adoption 22 months ago)... my life has been classified in "waiting for _____". Fill in the blank: paperwork, waitlist numbers, job interviews, moving to AL, referral, now court date. We've been waiting on SOMETHING forever. And let's be honest, we will ALWAYS be waiting on something until Christ returns and redeems his bride.

Submission is not easy for me. It is hard for me to submit to Christ and to my husband. It is hard for me to trust that other people are doing things right or putting our adoption as a priority. And you know what? That is sin. That is not right, and I can't justify my impatience or selfishness out of "a mother's heart" or "my personality is that way"- not being submissive is sin.

It's okay to long for a court date. It's not okay to be angry in the process or forget God's faithfulness in His timing.

So pray for me and my heart. Thanks.

Comments

  1. These last few legs are the very hardest part, but in it I have come to know more deeply just what it is to humbled before the mighty hand of God. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you, Rebekah. I so understand what you are saying and feeling and you are right, we will always be waiting on something until Christ returns. The adoption process is always changing and so hard to figure out when things will happen, but our Lord is constant and never changing. So glad you are resting in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I totally understand what you are saying...waiting is just plain hard sometimes. Praying that your court date news is coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rebekah!! Just wanted to let you know I am going to Created for Care! I looked more into it after I got home and asked my friend if she would go too! We are registered!! Praying for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying your season of waiting comes to a close quickly friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Rebekah! I so completely understand those feelings! I am praying for that contentment and peace the Father gives and also praying that you will be in ET with your baby at the end of this month! I hope that Passion was wonderful (wish we could have been there this year!)! Know that there are so many who are right hear alongside of you lifting you up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your raw honesty. Praying everyday, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't commented before but have loved following your hourney..I'm waiting with you.

    It stinks sometimes, huh?

    I always think about how awful it must be for those who haven't trusted Him with their heart... waiting takes on a whole other meaning in their case and I just can't imagine the hopelessness :-(

    Thanks for sharing... it's tough to be transparent but know that you're reaching people through your wait.

    I'm praying it's over soon ;-)

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!