Mom-To-Be Training Week

Last week, I spent five days in Charlotte with my mom, caring for my sister's two sweet kids while she and her husband went on a well-deserved vacation. Beau is 9 months old, and Hannah Beth is almost 2 and a half (and mostly potty trained- yay!).


Being a mom-to-be, I volunteered for the night shift each night with Beau- who still wakes up 2-4 times a night! He is so active and hates missing out on anything- he's always wanting to play or be snuggled!


Little Hannah Beth is so funny! She has the sweetest giggle and called me 'Bekah Bear" all week. She was a great helper around the house and would feed Beau snacks in the backseat when we were driving! It was so fun to see her "big sis" personality shine as she kept all of us in line.


These kids were so fun, exhausting, sweet, and playful. It was a rewarding five days, but I'm glad to be back home with Will!

I definitely learned a lot during my time caring for two small children. It is a LOT of work to stay organized and prepared for whatever may happen. It is no easy feat to go to the grocery store or even to get out of the house to the park. I will say, one of the hardest parts was also one of my favorites- waking up multiple times in the middle of the night to feed and rock Beau was a memory I will love. I was sitting there rocking him and wondering where my little one was, who was rocking him, and how old he'll be when I'll finally get to hold our baby! (I'm assuming it's a he now, ha.)

So after a week of watching small children, I'm ready! Tired, but ready! I think I have a better idea of the chaos that is parenting small children, and I'm excited to join the mommy club one day... soon please, Lord!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!