Homestudy Approved

Although our homestudy draft has been at AGCI for a few weeks (thus clearing us for a referral because all they needed to see was that our home passed inspection) - today we heard that (after a few revisions, of course) our homestudy is officially done and approved.

Now we have to send it off to get our new FDL, and since we're about 3 months away from our USCIS fingerprints expiring, we have to get those fingerprints redone now too. It's one thing after another with this paperwork!

Still no news on a baby. Our case manager's mother passed away last week from cancer, and we're keeping "B" in our prayers. I can't imagine going back to work after such a loss. I'm not sure when exactly she's going back, and I am sure things at AGCI will be a little chaotic for a while.

In the last few days we have reason to rejoice with other AGCI families- several court dates and referrals have happened, which is always exciting! I hope we can join in with good news of our own soon!

Comments

  1. Hi Rebekah, I'm not sure if I've ever commented here before, but I've been reading for awhile. I just wanted to let you know that you and Will are in my prayers! So excited for what God has in store for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Another hurdle officially jumped! On to some more good news. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through a fellow adopting family's blog, and just wanted to say congrats that you are sooooo close to knowing who is about to join your family! We are currently awaiting clearance from the embassy to go pick up our little girl. The day we got our referral was just so incredible, and I will be checking in to hear about your incredible day that's sure to come up very soon. Cheers. ~ Killeen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!