Engage JSU Leaders Retreat (End of Bday Celebrations)

Last weekend we had the joy of taking 20ish of our college leaders (small group leaders and band) from our ministry to Loachapoka, Alabama for a leader's retreat. From Friday night to Saturday night we had the opportunity to "retreat" from the world and just pray, soak in scripture, and prepare for the upcoming year. It was very special because two influential college pastors, Matt Dean and Trace Hamiter, came to teach our students. Matt married me and Will and he and Will are kindred spirits. He was able to share his story with our students and I think we were all encouraged in different ways. Saturday morning, Trace came over and reminded us of the importance of knowing scripture and how to make a plan to memorize it. Both sessions were so encouraging to me!














I am thankful that I was able to participate in the retreat a good bit. I (and the kids) traveled back and forth to my parent's house in Opelika. The upside was that we were able to have one final birthday celebration with my family and I got to see both of my brothers. I didn't take a single picture in Opelika but it was fun, and I learned that I am awesome at bocce ball!

After naptime, I took the kids back to the retreat and it was great time spent with such special people. Will and I are so thankful to be involved in this ministry and we are really excited to see what the Lord will do this year. Of course, traveling with kids is always complicated. There are interruptions (an unnamed child passing gas during the pivotal prayer moments) and more baggage but it is such a blessing to me for my kids to be around students that love the Lord and love us. This is a good season for us and I'm really thankful for God's goodness to us here. 

Comments