Accepted!

Some days just seem better than others from the very start. That is how today can be explained.

Coming off of a great Easter Sunday where we were excited to see over 120 people believe in Christ for the first time and be baptized, I was excited about what the day would bring. The weather forecast called for warm and sunny and the Braves would be playing their opening day game on ESPN.

I was wide awake by 5:00am with a hot cup of coffee and a clear mind that allowed me to finish up some research much earlier than I had anticipated. I had a great lunch of leftovers from our community cookout last night. And my 1:00 class was more interesting than normal.

When I got home from class, just in time to tune in to see Jason Heyward hit a homerun in his first major league at bat, I thought to myself, that this day couldn't be any better. Then my phone rang...

I picked up the phone and after telling the woman on the other end that I was having a great day, she replies, "Well, that is good, because I have some great news for you! Your adoption application was accepted!"

I immediately called Rebekah to tell her the great news and it sunk in, "We are going to have a baby!"

We talked to my parents and little brother on Skype to tell them the good news. Granna and Pops are excited to have a new grandchild on the way!


Comments