Three Months since Gotcha Day!

It has been three months since we picked up our sleeping babe from Hannah's Hope.



I don't know why three months seems like such a big deal. It's 1/3 of his little life. Our agency recommends 6 weeks - 3 months of cocooning....So I guess, after 3 months life should be "normal," right?! :)


I am a bit emotional as I think about how amazing, crazy, sleepless, and fruitful these past three months has been. It seems like Israel Biruk has always been a part of us. We love him so much. He is on my mind all the time and when he is sleeping, I miss him. Will and I feel so blessed to be his parents- he is such joy.


We have learned so much in the past three months: about parenting, strengthening our marriage, finding renewal when there is no "normal" or "me time."


I wouldn't trade this. I feel so thankful; even on the days that it seems like all I've done for the past 24 hours is console a child that won't sleep, or when we're doing physical therapy or my child is spitting his food all over me and I finally got a shower for the first time in days. This is the best job ever. Three months in and I'm so thankful that I have a lifetime ahead to know and love Israel Biruk.


***All pictures from Gotcha Day May 1, 2012 at Hannah's Hope***

Comments

  1. How precious!! Congratulations on three months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so happy for you and your sweet family, Rebekah <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3 months!!! It is a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 3-month Gotcha Day Israel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog via Google (gotta love search engines!)! We are starting the process through AGCI of adopting from Ethiopia! We are working on our Orientation packet now! I wanna thank you for having such detailed posts! It helps us see what is coming our way! Our blog is Compassionfortheorphan.blogspot.com if you get a chance check us out! Your little man is adorable and congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!