Happy Birthmother's Day

Today is what is recognized as "Birth Mother's Day." This day will forever be celebrated in our home, as we think of a courageous woman in Ethiopia that we will forever be praying for daily. I hope that we will honor her in the way that she deserves.

For all of the birth mothers out there, those who remain secret and those who have been open about their process, I want to say- I honor you. I honor you for the time that you carried a child that is no longer in your arms. I honor you for the sacrifice, the loss, the hard choices, and for the hope that you have for your children. I cannot imagine being in the position as a birth mother that does not parent her child (for so many reasons), and I pray that God gives you extended grace as I'm sure there is a part of your heart that is missing. I'm thankful that God redeems all things and I hope that for our birth mom in Ethiopia, and for those who are reading this, that God's restoring peace will bind all wounds.

There is a specific person that I am thinking of as I write this, one whom I've never talked to about her birth mom experience. To her I want to say: I've longed to talk to you about this. I have wanted to hug you and talk to you about your child and say that I hope our adoption hasn't brought up wounds but has given you a reminder that God is faithful through this. If you ever want to talk about this, I want to be there for you and I want you to know that I am so proud of you- that when I found out, I loved you even more. I respect you and honor you. I'm keeping the secret, don't worry. But I want to be your friend through this- it doesn't matter how many years it has been. 

Comments

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. It is so heartfelt and beautifully written. As a birth mother to a wonderful 9 year old girl, it was obviously a topic close to my heart. I stumbled upon your blog through instagram (@randi_roobee) and have been very touched by your whole blog, your sweet family, and your faith. Thank you again for this post. Wish you the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!