Moving Along...

This weekend was a whirlwind of fun/craziness/paperwork/picture staring/excitement. I think it was a blessing to have the weekend to sit and just soak in our news before we had to tackle the paperwork. Little Israel has managed to appear in every major room in our house, so I don't know what is going to happen when we have more than 9 pictures! Also, I want to say that I'm not sure HOW you are supposed to get anything done when there is a cute boy to look at!

On Monday we drove to Birmingham to have our social worker sign off on our referral, and then had a phone consultation with Dr. Douglass of Cabarrus Pediatrics in Charlotte (I HIGHLY recommend him! He was only $175 for the consultation and was very, very impressive! He has reviewed referral paperwork for 8 years and is also an adoptive father!).

After getting those objects tackled, notarizing a LOT of paperwork, and finishing our transition plan, we sent our paperwork and a check for our referral fees/ care of our baby in the orphanage fees to AGCI on Monday afternoon! It felt like a huge weight being lifted off of me to have it out of our hands and en route to our agency.

Tuesday we heard from our case manager that she received our paperwork and that she was letting the staff in Ethiopia know that they can match our dossier with Israel's paperwork and submit it to COURT! So now our paperwork is headed into a stack of files representing adoptive families. We're so glad to be in that stack! And glad that Israel will not be an orphan anymore!

Tomorrow (Thursday) we have a call with the Family Education Coordinator and next Wednesday is our official "Next Steps" phone call!

Today I was thinking about how last week I went about every activity with the thought of "when is it (the call) going to happen?" at the back of my mind. I'm so glad to be in the next stage, preparing to bring sweet Israel home.

Comments

  1. Rebekah, I just want to say congratulations! Seeing your referral finally come has given us hope too. We are currently number 2 on the girls list. As I have read through your blogs, I soooo understand your emotions. This is so hard, but we know how worth the wait she will be. I can't wait to read more as you move forward with getting your little guy home.

    Congrats again!
    Niki Huelsman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebekah,

    You don't know me, but your mom is my Sunday School teacher at FBCO. I can't remember if I found out about your blog through her or someone else, but it has been such a blessing to read your journey in waiting for this precious baby! Even though I'm not going through an adoption, God has been showing me that no matter what stage of life we are in, we all have to trust & wait on His timing. Thanks for encouraging fellow believers & congratulations!!

    Jessica Holt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I knew Hayley but not so much will from Agape back when I lived in Scottsboro. I saw your link for your blog ages ago and keep checking. I wanted to share a link with you about AA hair care that I really loved. ( My 7 year old sister-in-law is AA and my 2 year old nephew is) and this site along with a few others have been very helpful in the hair care which is very important to that community I'm sure you already know.

    http://www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com/

    http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/

    Congratulations again on your bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thrilled to have discovered your blog. We too are in a similar position and stage in our adoption. We have referrals and are waiting to be submitted to court... We are waiting for the MOWA letters...stil... Anyhow, there are a couple of us who joined up in a secret Facebook group - our updates in there don't show up on our walls. We'd love to have you joinis and help encourage each other. Friend me as Rachel Silla Miller and I'll add you ( you can unfriendly me afterwards)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!