Israel's First Christmas

Although our son was not with us this Christmas, he was constantly on our minds all day (what's new?). For Christmas this year we gave Israel three gifts to "unwrap."

First, he got three Debby Anderson books! I'd heard these were highly recommended and I echo other recommendations! These books are very full of scripture and have children from many countries represented! I found these at a Lifeway store on clearance for $3 each but they would be worth full price too!



Second, Will found an Auburn University themed car mat for his room! We LOVE this and have been coveting it since our trip to Auburn in September! I can't wait for Israel to play on it!


Third, Will made him a book (he wrote and did the art!). It is very special and I love how creative my husband is!


His loot!

Our sweet boy was also spoiled by his grandparents and great-grandparents! I feel much more prepared for this little cutie every day! Speaking of cute, we got a new picture of him this week and he is SMILING!!! Don't worry, the picture is already printed for our brag books and framed in the kitchen. We can't get enough of him! This morning Will came in our room and said "Uh oh, it happened. He got cuter overnight!" We are completely smitten!

And I might as well post our awesome ornaments that are on our tree this year for the first time!


Thanks Cara Jane & Chris!


His sweet face on our tree is my favorite! (It has been edited so you can't see it- sorry friends! Trust me he's cute!)

I hope you all had a merry Christmas too! Now our New Year's wish: bring Israel HOME!

Comments

  1. What thoughful ornaments from sweet friends. Prayers for bringing him home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures and gifts. You guys are so thoughtful and patient. Hopefully he will be with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the mat! That is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look up those books! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!