To Celebrate Mothers Day

This was my second Mother's Day since we started the adoption process. And I'd be lying if I didn't tear up a bit when they honored moms at our church service. I think this long process helps me identify with those women who ache to get pregnant but can't; waiting to be a mom when you really want to be one just stinks.

So to do something happy in honor of Mother's Day.... we registered!! Hopefully this will decrease my urges to buy baby things all the time. Will & I decided a while back that we would wait until we were in the "teens" to register (and for April we were 17 for a boy) so we did it and it was really fun! I had to watch carefully because Will got a bit scanner-happy and started scanning things like mugs and baseball cards.



Check them out and tell me what is missing (we already have a crib, pack & play, carseat and aren't planning on registering for clothes).



Happy Mother's Day to all my mom and mom-to-be friends out there!!!

Comments

  1. Rebekah- After many month and years of occassion after occassion that made me cry because I ached for a child to mother, I can tell you that when God's timing brings your family together you will not have wanted it any other way. Here we are, almost 22 years later, and I can see God's hand in every adoption. So while waiting stinks, the joy will wipe away all those tears! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day sweet friend. Praying praying praying you see that sweet face too! (and that I get to love on him/her when we are in ET)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! Happy Mother's day and I can't wait to look through your registry at all the fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!