May Official Numbers!

Well, we got our email from our case manager last night and we are SO happy with our new numbers!


For a girl:





For a boy: 



So in total, we have moved 59 spots for girls, and 35 spots for boys!

Just to recap what the numbers mean...The most simple way to explain the waitlist numbers is that there are 24 families waiting for a girl/ 15 families waiting for a boy ahead of us.... but this is not necessarily true, because some families (like us) are on both lists, so if they get a referral, then we move on both lists! There's not a set number of boy/girl beds, and Hannah's Hope just gets whatever babies have the most need... so there could be more boys OR girls there at any time.

I am also SOOOO EXCITED because some people I KNOW personally are headed to Ethiopia to meet their Hannah's Hope cuties in the next week! And there are at least 20 families who are going for their first trip to ET in May... and if, Lord-willing, they all pass court the first time (you go to court on the first trip after you meet your kid(s)...) then they could be bringing their kiddos HOME in June/July! How exciting that many kids are going to have forever homes SOON! (And selfishly, I'm excited because that means OUR BABY could be in one of those emptied cribs). It is crazy to think that part 2 of our wait is coming to a close (with the hardest wait to come: knowing who our child is but having to wait to bring him/her home!).

So we appreciate your prayers for these families, for the Ethiopian government as they sort out all of these cases (in a timely manner, I pray), and for the health/safety of our little one and the birth family as they are preparing for the hardest decision of their lives.

"I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
   Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
 He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
   and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
   upright and just is he."
Deuteronomy 32: 3-4

Comments

  1. This is all great news!! Your numbers and the families that I keep seeing receiving their referalls. So excited for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating with you guys!! Congrats on the new numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your new May numbers!!! And I am praying for the families too! Excited to hear what God does while they are there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented yesterday, but I think that Blogger was having some issues! :) I LOVE your May numbers! And I am praying so hard for all the families who will be at court soon! So excited to see what God will do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alison! It is so exciting yall are finally in the 30s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebekah, again, you hardly know me - but was in Tommy's office this week and we discussed all our children and I told him how I follow your blog - so excited for you about these numbers. I know it feels so much closer and I pray that soon you'll get to meet your little baby. I guess I didn't realize you'd make a trip to meet him and then return to the states and then go back to get him. Oh my heart kind of rips when I think about that. Tough stuff for a mother and daddy's heart. Praying all of this happens in God's perfect time and for His protection for you, Will, and your baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!