Thanksgiving



Last weekend I was very sad about Thanksgiving, because we just couldn't nail down any plans. So I asked Elinor LeTouche if we could come over, and she happily agreed. It was such a lovely day, and I'm so thankful for their hospitality to us.

The LaTouche family is just wonderful. They are generous and hospitable and just love our kids so well. All three kids were loved and cared for - our family wasn't an inconvenience. It was really nice to have friends like family for such a special day.

We ate SO well and I was still able to make my special stuffing and green bean casserole, which helped make it feel like the holiday.

The big kids and a few adults even took my oldest two to the park. Will and I were able to relax with a cup of coffee in quiet!!!

We were at their house from about 1:30-6:45, which was a long outing for us, but it felt more like a traditional thanksgiving when you're not rushed.

Israel took to a girl named Rachel and wanted her to hold his hand. He would go into the teen boys' room and turn out the light and walk away, just to be funny. It's sweet to see him playing.







Will smashed his elbow in my plate of food, then had to take his shirt off so that his food with the allergies on it didn't affect Nathan. So he had to wear his t-shirt all day.









Sophia painted sparkles on Edith's fingers:









Comments