Baby #3 and a First Trimester Recap!

We are so excited to announce that God has grown our family once more and we will have a new baby joining us, Lord-willing, in January 2017! 

Here's how we announced on social media: 

 


How we found out: 

The weekend of Mother's Day had been so busy. My sister Rachel was visiting and we walked 11 miles on Thursday, and then Friday was another busy day of exploring in the city. Saturday we took the kids to Coney Island and then Sunday after a busy morning at church, I drove Rachel to the airport. Monday, May 9- Edith and I took a 2 hour nap and when I woke up I felt like I had been run over, I was so exhausted. I was FaceTiming with my sister Sarah and explaining how tired I felt, and she said "I bet you're pregnant." It was the last thing on my mind, but I had recently seen a very old pregnancy test in the top of a closet (it had been purchased pre-Edith/3+ years ago). I took the test and it was IMMEDIATELY "Pregnant!" I was shocked. 


After taking a walk to the store for prenatal vitamins, chatting with my sister who was giving me a "you can do this!" pep talk, and creating a game plan for telling Will... I dressed Edith and Israel in Big brother/ big sister shirts and waited for him to come home. I videoed Will's... surprise (see picture above ha!) at the announcement!


Although this wasn't something we were anticipating or planning, God has been so gracious to us. Literally the day before we found out we were pregnant, Will preached on Psalm 127 that states "Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain." and "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!" This message was fresh on our minds and gave us peace. 

We are excited about this new blessing and know that there will be a day when we can't imagine life without this little addition!

Ultrasounds in the First Trimester:

Our peanut at 6ish weeks (over the belly ultrasound):

8 week 2 days ultrasound: 



13 week 3 days ultrasound: 



Growing bump pictures:

 It feels like I started poking out the day I found out I was pregnant. Here's a 5 week picture for me to remember that this isn't just fat, ha. And yes it is just ONE baby in there :)


11 week bump at the beach!
 

13 week bump: 

  

 

First Trimester Symptoms:

This pregnancy has been pretty rough so far. I've had the classic pregnancy symptoms: insomnia, nausea, morning/afternoon sickness, food aversions, exhaustion, crazy emotions. I actually had a subchorionic hematoma (blood clot) which threatened a miscarriage, so I was put on a modified bedrest until I was cleared that it was dissolved. That whole experience was a challenge in itself, and involved a doctor's appointment I'd like to forget and never relive! 

I came home from the city one night and barely made it through the door before throwing up everything I'd had that night - the late night, hot, rocking subway was too much! 

One night I was having a hard day, not feeling well at all. Israel had a haircut scheduled for that afternoon and I knew I couldn't do it (it's a physical and emotional ordeal!). I asked Will to help me out and he came home with a Sprite and a candy bar, in addition to taking Israel to the haircut for me. I literally sobbed. I was so overwhelmed that Will loved me so much! Ha, all over a Sprite and a candy bar! I also teared up watching American Ninja Warrior the other night because I was so proud of someone for making it through all the levels. Pregnancy hormones are no joke! 

I also called my mom on her birthday and said sincerely "Happy Anniversary!!" getting the dates mixed up. 

I'm looking forward to the energy and hopefully lessened symptoms that the second trimester brings. I'm 14 weeks now, and happy to be 1/3 of the way through the pregnancy (although I am very thankful that pregnancy lasts 39/40 weeks so I can have as much time to prepare and the kids can become more independent in the meantime!). 

At my most recent ultrasound last Friday, the baby was kicking and moving when the ultrasound tech pressed down on it. Just seeing the baby move and kick made my heart grow so much! I can't believe how much I'm already in love with this little one. We find out the gender in August and I am looking forward to the growing attachment of naming and anticipating it more specifically! 

Comments