Waiting... only the beginning

We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.

In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 33:20-22


Waiting is no fun. And even though we have been in the adoption process since March, the "wait" just started... It is a wonderful thing that our hope does not come from the idea of having a baby one day. Our hope rests in the salvation that we received from Jesus Christ, and that He will come back one day to restore this earth and all of these babies who need families will be redeemed by God himself!

Now it's your turn: What are you clinging to these days?

Comments

  1. great post...what a glorious day that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree...by the way you may not know me..actually you don't...we are friends of the Rossi's & are actually in the process of adopting too (Domestically). Right now we are in the waiting came too...but your post totally just spoke to me. Good luck in your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm clinging to the fact that one day we may actually get numbers :) and that the Lord has called us to this and we are BELIEVING that what He has said will be fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am clinging to the Lord as we try to patiently WAIT on our social worker to write our home study, so we can on the list to WAIT some more! I am ready to be on the WAITing list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leigh & Alison- I am SO HOPING that you get on the waitlist SOON. The "waiting to wait" is surprisingly difficult; I was so impatient then!

    Kari, good luck with your wait too! Domestic is a different ballgame, and I just know God is using this wait time to refine each of us as we depend on HIM for our joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am clinging to the truth that He who has begun a good work in me will be faithful and just to carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen. What awesome verses to cling to. We're in the same boat for different reasons these days, aren't we? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer- Mom has kept me updated. Praying for you in this season!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!