Doesn't Take Much...

It doesn't take much to get us excited. With the yard sale behind us and finally being on the waitlist, we are taking huge sighs of relief these days. Want to see some other things that make us excited??

#1:

Yes, you actually get a certificate when you get your dossier finished. Amidst all of my blogstalking, I never picked up on this! So imagine my surprise when we get a certificate and a letter from B at AGCI. We joke about mounting it on our wall, because it is such a huge accomplishment. You never know around here, it probably will end up on our fridge at least....

#2: So Will and I decided that we could budget for each of us to get an "adoption tshirt." I had a really hard time deciding on which one I wanted, as there are many cute ones out there and I have a hard time making decisions anyway. I finally ordered one from Ordinary Hero, and wore it to our AL yard sale. Well, last week Will announced that he had ordered his t-shirt. When it came in, this is what I saw:
If you are into running, you will note that this is Haile Gebrsellassie (pronounced like Haley), a famous Ethiopian runner. He is not adopted (that I know of) and this shirt has nothing to do with adoption. Sigh. My husband LOVES Gebrsellassie (and who doesn't, he is so smiley!) and this is how he wanted his adoption t-shirt money to be spent. And if Will's sister wasn't named Haley, our baby might be named Haile (its a common Ethiopian name). My husband also has an enormous collection of t-shirts with people's faces on them. If you are in our small group, you have seen his favorites that he wears frequently.

#3: And finally, I decided to make a little countdown at work to show off our waitlist numbers... I hope it isn't obnoxious, but I am pretty excited, so I don't care!


Now your turn: What things are you excited about these days??

Comments

  1. Seriously? You got a certificate when you completed your dossier??? I'm way jealous-- that must be a new thing. We didn't get one with either of our adoptions. I'm going to email our case manager (J) and ask her if we can get them.

    Something I'm excited about is that I found a hair product that is helping me get a comb through my precious E's hair without as much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh please share your hair product tips! I am storing up info for the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question- will your waitlist #s change every month or more often? how does that work?

    And I am excited about BigHouse starting our after-school program in a few weeks! Yay!!! If there are friends/bloggers in the Opelika/Auburn area we would love to have more volunteers! We serve foster children in Lee County- www.ourbighouse.org...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, lots of great news on the adoption process! So wonderful! Thanks for all the updates. I enjoy following along and can't wait to see the new little one that will be joining you guys soon!

    I'm excited about scraping paint off of a yardsale find from this past Saturday. I posted some pics of it on my blog. It's going to be a long process, but I'm excited about seeing what it will look like when we get the three coats of paint on it off! :o)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I know, I was surprised about the certificate too! =)
    I'm excited about how the court process is moving (besides it being closed for the rainy season). Things seem to be going swift and steady and I like the sounds of things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOTS of great things to be excited about, thanks for sharing friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I like to reply via email so make sure your email is connected to your Blogger account!