Every Good and Perfect Gift Comes from Above

This week has been so busy! Between putting up gifts from the baby shower, prepping for our yard sale this weekend, doing normal weekly scheduled things (volunteering, meeting with college girls, etc), keeping the house clean for various visitors, and packing for Ethiopia... I feel like my mind is constantly making to-do lists!!! I might just drive myself crazy by the end of this! But instead of focusing on the to-do lists I hope that I can redirect my thoughts: these are GREAT things and tremendous blessings from God!

Anyways, I wanted to post about a big PRAISE report/ update on our fundraising:

As of this morning, we have made over $400 in sales from the Tukula bags!!! And we have nine bags left folks! So hop on over to the "cute things for sale" tab because they have sold so fast this week!

As of yesterday, we received a $500 GRANT from the Southern Baptist Convention Adoption Fund for Pastors!!!! PRAISE the Lord! This is a one-time gift that we don't have to repay! When I look at our fees left to pay, I think of this as one month's fees for Hannah's Hope care (it is $500 a month) and so that is a wonderful gift from the body of believers!

This weekend we are going to have a MEGA yard sale in our yard! At first we thought this was going to be a smaller yard sale than our first two in 2010, but oh my, I have been humbled by the outpouring of generosity from our Jacksonville community! I can't wait to get it all out of our garage and into new homes! Haha :)

Thanks for being so generous to us, for praying for us and for PRAISING GOD with us as He provides for our needs and gives us opportunities to glorify His name!

Psst- I wanted to also shout out to Lauren for writing this post. It is a great encouragement to us, a fund raising family, and I wanted to send any skeptics her way! It is a beautiful thing to join together as the body of Christ and all play a part in orphan care. Go check it out!

Comments