3 years I Brookyn

Today marks T H R E E years in Brooklyn!! Although the last years have been marked with highs and lows, I’m so thankful for the way I have been shaped here. I have learned so much from the diversity of my neighbors, and I know that I needed to be brought here so that I could come face to face with the idols of comfort that I crave so much. 

Being away from family, homemaking conveniences and just the challenges of living in urban environment are losses, yes. But the gains in three years have been needed for my soul. 

I’m thankful for three years of learning the names and stories of my Muslim and Jewish and non religious friends. I’m thankful for the season to be stay at home mom, then explore working again. I’m thankful for our church that has experienced gains and losses and how so many people who have entered and left crossroads have changed me.

I’m thankful for my kids and their resilience and for the resources they have. I’m thankful that the man I love challenged me to dream big and consider Brooklyn my home. 


So.... 3 years down! May Gods grace and favor abound in whatever is ahead. 

Comments