Mama Trip to Charleston


I had a great, quick little getaway with 3 other mamas to Charleston. It was so nice to relax and rest. We stayed at Leigh's family condo on the beach. I got there Thursday morning and had almost a whole day to just walk the beach and rest. It was so lovely.

Thursday night we went out to dinner and just chatted for a long time relaying our stories of the past few years. (Really, that was all weekend. it was so good).

Friday we went out to Page's Okra grill, had a cheese board for lunch, and went to Hank's for a fancy dinner.

Saturday we went back to Page's for breakfast and then just rested.

It was so good. Lots of calm walks on the beach, just living without a schedule.

I think my biggest takeaways were taking the time to really reflect on my story, and the last few years. It was healing to talk through things, to see God's goodness and care to me. it was also good for me to see how things could be if I don't turn to God and if I don't hold fast to his care in my story. I tried to take as much time as I could to fill up my soul instead of just using it as a 3 day check out of my life. God was faithful in that.














Comments